A lion was prancing through the jungle one day, roaring at the top of his voice for all to hear: “I am king of the jungle, for my mighty strength and lion-like prowess strikes fear into all other creatures!”
An eagle lands on a nearby tree branch and says, “Not so fast, Leo buddy!” the eagle calls. “For it is *I* who is the rightful king of the jungle, as my wings enable me to attack from above, and my beak and talons rip my victims to shreds!”
Whereupon a skunk walks calmly out of the trees. Approaching the ferocious feline and fearful flighted one, he meekly says, “You’re BOTH wrong! Needing neither fight nor flight, I disable my would-be opponents most skillfully! Wanna sniff?”
And the three animals engage in a heated argument over who is the rightful king of the jungle. While they argue, oblivious to their surroundings, a huge grizzly bear walks up and eats them all – hawk, lion, and stinker.
The server has officially been updated to CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.2.4!
- Both MyHome and MyWarp have been replaced with alternative plugins. Unfortunately there’s no way to convert the database of homes and warps, so they’ve been reset, no homes or warps exist anymore. EDIT: It looks like homes were converted, so they should work! Warps have all been reset though.
- The warp plugin is now NiftyWarp, be sure to check out the syntax, as it has changed! And a note to DiamondSponsors: NiftyWarps unfortunately doesn’t allow for certain groups to have unlimited warps, so that perk has had to be removed. I’ll make it up to you guys though.
- For home commands, we’re now using Essentials, should be the same commands that you’re used to, but here’s the Essentials Command Reference if you get stuck.
- The PermissionsBukkit config has been redone from the ground up. You shouldn’t notice too many actual changes in abilities/commands, but I’ve laid it out in a way that will hopefully allow for easier scenario-style maps in the future.
- RocketBoots is gone. It hadn’t been updated in ages, and no one really used it. For those reasons, I didn’t even bother testing it.
- Voting is gone for now. The plugin we were using hadn’t been updated in a while, and the recent update to PermissionsBukkit finally dropped support for those types of older plugins. I’ll be getting an updated vote plugin shortly, hang in there!
- Spout and related plugins (most notably, SpoutFlight) are also gone. No need for them anymore.
- DiamondSponsors can now use the /fly command in most worlds (except survival). It toggles vanilla Minecraft flying (double-jump to start, jump to go up, crawl to go down.)
- Portals should work *mostly* as expected. This includes End portals in both the member’s world and survival. The only thing that may not work quite right is Nether portals. While you should be able to create your own nether portals to get to both world_nether and survival_nether from their respective overworlds, there is currently no world scaling (at least none that I’ve configured), and I do not know how the creation of new portals and/or recycling of old portals is handled when traversing one terrain and then portal-ing into the other.
I think that about covers the major items. As always, there are bound to be some bugs and errors, so let me know if you can’t do something you’re supposed to be able to do, and likewise, if you can do something that you shouldn’t be able to do.